Here is how we handle information about your visit to our Web site.
Information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the site, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally. We automatically collect and store information concerning your visit:
- The Internet domain (for example, “xcompany.com” if you use a private Internet access account or “yourschool.edu” if you connect from a university’s domain);
- Your IP address (an IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to your computer whenever you are surfing the Web) from which you access the site;
- The type of browser and operating system used to access the site;
- The date and time you access the site;
- The pages you visit within the site; and
- If you linked to our Web site from another Web site, the address of that website.
Information that you voluntarily provide:
If you provide us with personally identifiable information, for example, by sending an e-mail or by filling out a form and submitting it through the site, we use that information to respond to your message and to help us provide you with the information and services that you request. All uses of that information are described on the web page containing the form.
Submitting voluntary information constitutes your consent to the use of the information for the stated purpose. When you click the “Submit” button on any of the web forms found on the site, you are indicating your voluntary consent for us to use of the information you submit for the purpose stated.
Links to other sites:
The Site is a general audience site which is neither designed nor intended to collect personal information from children who are under the age of 13. In order to ensure compliance with the provisions of the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, children under the age of 13 should not provide any personal information to the Site.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that any information you give to us is stored and maintained in a secure environment.
If you have difficulty obtaining information from the site, please contact us to get the material in another format. You should provide the URL of the site referencing that information. If you have any comments, or suggestions for improvement, please contact the NAACP Technology Department.